In this role you will be responsible for overseeing that our client’s concerns and needs are met in a timely manner and with accuracy. The Appraisal Services Placement Representative (ASPR) will be responsible for recruiting new vendors, discussing fees, and expediting the assigning of appraisal orders (placement). Placement is the art of making informed business decisions while providing superior service and industry leading turn time.
The ASPR’s actions have the most direct effect on Appraisal Nation’s profitability and the likelihood of a quality appraisal being completed on time, a cornerstone of customer service. This is an incredible responsibility and is crucial to the financial success of Appraisal Nation.
ASPR’s, in every action, should be mindful that there is a human factor present in each order. The appraisal is the last step of an arduous and multifaceted process that involves critical decisions and significant sums of money. It is the responsibility of the ASPR to assist in properly managing the obstacles faced during the appraisal process. Appraisal Nation is committed to the expectations of each client to manage and expedite every assignment as smoothly and efficiently and in the shortest timeframe possible.
All duties must be performed within compliance of company policies/procedures as well as all state and federal regulations.
- Promote and practice the Mission and Vision Statements of Appraisal Nation.
- Building and strengthening trusting relationships with Vendors.
- Professionally interact via phone and email with vendors daily.
- Maintain a proactive approach to all situations, focusing on the cause and effect relationships of actions to desired results.
- This is a time sensitive industry. Complete all duties with a sense of urgency.
- Review appraisal order to confirm necessary documentation and payment is present.
- Research properties and ensure that the correct appraisal product has been ordered.
- Identify any add-on fees when appropriate.
- Identify the saturation level of qualified vendors in a particular market for any given assignment.
- Process payment with the utmost confidentiality and responsibility to ensure that Appraisal Nation’s fiduciary duty to Lenders and Borrowers remains in compliance and is held to the highest standard.
- Make informed decisions when assigning, considering and comparing appraiser’s statistics, profile notes, past performance data, and proper rotation of the available appraiser panel.
- Independent decision making in regards to geographic distance, client time constraints, gross profit margins, vendor selection, as well as other matters of significance.
- Work with Vendors to determine what a reasonable and customary fee is on a case-by- case and regional basis, establish and promote relationships between vendors and Appraisal Nation that are mutually beneficial.
- Accurately and expeditiously follow through with assigning the appraisal orders according to client requirements and established deadlines.
- Work with Lenders to establish and manage expectations through upfront communication to ensure a successful and beneficial relationship.
- Remember that there is a human factor, the actions we take have real effects, act professionally with a sense of urgency.
- Perform and succeed within the standards of the ASPR Service Level Agreements (SLA’s).
- Manage workflow and time throughout the business day.
- Communicate and work with other team members in the department to assist with resolution of obstacles.
- Treat coworkers with the level of professionalism that we treat our clients.
- Assist with on the job training for new employees.
- Adhere to federal and state regulations, company policies and procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by department manager, team lead, etc.
- A high school diploma or equivalent. Additional higher education is beneficial.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and work well independently.
- Ability to make independent decisions with confidence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn software applications and online platforms.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- A STRONG work ethic is required.
- A professional and friendly demeanor.
- Real estate appraisal knowledge is beneficial.
- Basic Assigning
- Advanced Assigning
- Building your queue
- Education on the Real Estate Compliance including customary and reasonable fees, Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP), Dodd- Frank, and Appraisal Management Company (AMC) practices, etc…